The main objectives for which the Association is established, to operate on a not-for-profit basis are:
- To promote Yoga in Ireland with the aim of promoting knowledge and competence of Yoga together with health and well being amongst the public at large.
- To provide Teacher Training, in accordance with the IYA Limited Teacher Training Course Syllabus and Training Specification, together with Guidelines as updated at each course commencement, to a high standard and of excellent quality, so that the knowledge and experience of Yoga may be made available to an ever increasing audience in a safe and professional manner.
- To provide, through its highly trained Teachers, information and education in respect of the good practice of Yoga and its health benefits.
- As the Irish Member of the European Union of Yoga, to set and uphold the highest standard nationwide for Teacher training and education.
- To provide and promote required Continuous Professional Development for Teachers nationwide for the ongoing benefit of the public and service users.
- To constantly seek to broaden its promotional base for Yoga throughout Ireland and to act as a source of general information and reference for the public and service users.
- To promote the benefits of Yoga and to continuously identify means by which more and better services can be offered to the general public and service users.